Thursday, August 16, 2007

sit back and relax!

That is exactly what I spent most of last weekend doing! We took a quick trip up to the cabin on Friday night with the Pickles. The plan was let the guys take the kids boating, fishing, 4wheeler riding etc. and then have them so worn out that they slept the rest of the time so that Steph and I could read our, {just arrived from my awesome sis-in-law, beth (who I have great plans of blogging about in the near future) because they were sold out everywhere in Utah} Eclipse books. Things did not go quite according to plan but I did get a couple hundred pages in...the problem with the cabin is that I just want to take naps when I am there...and I did!
{but I did finish Eclipse last night, yippee! and yes, I still heart Edward!)





We did take a trip out on the boat on Saturday morning, the wind kicked up like it always does but the boys were able to get a little tubing in before eating lunch on the lake. Luke thought this was sooo fun -he is a huge fan of the boat and thought it was pretty cool that him and Logan got to tube together. Adi was content to sit in the boat and eat treats(mom forgot her swimsuit and getting her clothes wet was unheard of) and Mom and Pais enjoyed the sun! Dad was busy with the boat stuff, you know, all that boat stuff!

Later that afternoon, Mike, Adi, Mike P, and Logan went on a long 4wheeler trip while the rest of us napped! Delightful! The rest was just a blurr of eating, reading, sleeping and a few kids running around like crazy but a very relaxing weekend all the same!

{I know this post was a little late, cuz like its almost a whole new weekend, but things like showers and tooth fairies kept sneeking in and I never found time to write, so better late than never - as my mom says - and trust me she knows! :)}

1 comment:

Erin said...

How fun and relaxing!! I think it's so neat that you and Steph still do so much together and are such great friends.