Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anyone know the going rate for teeth these days?

We shall soon find out cuz she did it again! Adilyn has taken another step toward growing up! Today we were at grandma b's for a quick visit and in the middle of playing with her cousin hannah, adi turned to me and said "mom, somethings wrong with my tooth!" and there was her tooth-sticking straight out of her mouth. I pulled it out quickly and both grandma and I started to tell her how exciting this was! Adi was in tears! For the next 20+ minutes we tried everything we could to get her to stop crying but she did not want to lose her tooth! We had no idea this tooth was even loose so there was no preparation for said occasion(I thought the Aurthur episode might have helped, but no). Needless to say, she was pretty upset for quite a while even after we got home...."that was my favoritest tooth on the bottom" and "my tears look like teeth and they just keep reminding me" are a couple of my favorite comments that she made during this drama fest!
But then enters the "hero" of our story - good ol' dad! Somehow he said the exact same things and changed her mood instantly. She jumped into his arms and then ran to get the tooth and show him. She was still fighting me on the pics though, she didn't want them on my blog. Finally dad became the hero again and bribed her with a dollar to let me post them. So we can all thank Mike for these pics of our beautiful girl and her new toothless grin!


P.S. Her mighty whistle was unharmed in the loss, just in case you were wondering. We checked it out!

2 comments:

sweet pickles said...

Those comments are cracking me up. Where does she come up with some of these things? I hope she will decide to open her mouth when she sees Logan today.

kacee said...

Adi just had to see what I put on the blog and I read her your comment too. Your in luck, her reply was "I always open my mouth now!" See you later!`