Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Check out this cute kindergartner!

Yipee! Adi had her first day of Kindergarten today! She was so excited she woke up super early and was in the shower (with her room cleaned) before 7:30. When I asked why she was up so early - "cuz I got thinkin' that it was the first day of school and I just woke up cuz I was so excited!" was her reply. She had her outfit laid out last night and was ready to go pretty fast - she even had a "healthy" breakfast of toast and applesauce for the big day! The above pic was taken out in front of our house but the stinkin' sun was in her eyes so in most of them her eyes were closed! {can't wait for the west facing abode to be built}
Once at school, Adi quickly found her friends and waited for the bell. I would like to say that there was a tearful goodbye and she was sad to see me go...but I would be lying. She just wanted to "get to her work".But, I got a few pics before I went and as I got to the car Luke helped control the tears by telling me that "Adi's havin' fun right now!" What a sweet boy, so excited for his sister. So, no tears for Ads or Mom.
She had a fabulous day full of coloring, reading, recess, assemblies {anyone want a happenings book?} and a couple new friends - the best part being that dad got to pick her up from school and take her to lunch {we tagged along - McDonald's was full of kindergartners} Super proud of our growed up girl!

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

Omg...she is so stinkin' cute, it's out of control. I'm dying over those cute leggings! Happy first day Ads!

sweet pickles said...

She looks so cute. I can tell she didn't just throw any old thing on. Sorry she isn't feeling so great today.
And Luke makes a great cowgirl!