Sunday, August 19, 2007

10 years!

Somedays it seems like just yesterday I was walking through the halls of GHS and others it seems like a lifetime ago. Over the past few weeks many memories and faces have surfaced as we prepared for the big 10 year reunion! {Some very dedicated former classmates put together a blog for the class o' 97 to post updates/comments on what we have been up to for the last 10 years, and got the excitement started to see long forgotten friends}
I had decided to go to the family thing for lunch in the park and bag the dressing up part later that evening. Mike was his usual supportive self but did voice that he wouldn't mind if we didn't go, so, me - thinking I am pretty funny sometimes - told him that Aja had been hounding us to go to the night thingy{which she had} and that I had given in and agreed to do a lip sync with the "girls" and our husbands to "Summer Lovin'" from the Grease soundtrack{which she hadn't}. Mike was hesitant to believe me, knowing my antics, and continuously questioned both me and the Pickles in the matter, thankfully they had joined the club and supported the story. I proceeded to put the song on each time we were in the car together to "practice" and got a babysitter for the night, figuring that we would do dinner and a movie, and this could only help support my story.I guess he bought it because as we got into the car on Saturday morning I found my ipod turned to Summer lovin' - he had been practicingon his own! SOOOO cute! Do I have the best husband or what? He even told other GHS alumni we ran into on the way that we would be there that evening. I was dying! So, once we were at the park I quickly told him of my joke - he was pretty relieved!
I had a great time seeing old friends and Mike was pretty friendly himself! The kids got to play games, get their faces painted and break a pinata.
Mike did a 4{instead of 3} legged race with Adi and Logan, since Pickle was hunting.

That is me, bent over with Luke!(not the best pic)
By the end of our afternoon, Mike had decided we should at least go to dinner with friends which quickly turned into most of "the girls" getting together for dinner and rest of the reunion.{credit to Mike} It was a fun night {we even slow danced (:} Here are a couple pictures of my girls - I've known some of them for over 17 years! (we missed you Em!)



3 comments:

sweet pickles said...

So now that it's all said and done, I'm really regretting that you DIDN'T sing 'Summer Lovin'. I would have loved to see Mike up there!
Hope the first day of school went okay...

angiedunn said...

How fun! It was oh-so enjoyable reading "catch up" on all your posts from this weekend!

You look so cute in your 10 year pic w/ your friends! I love your outfit/tights/heals. TDF. I want to copy that outfit.

Your fam is adorable! Aren't rockin' husbands the best? Loved the story about your joke! HIlarious!

Your blog=good read. Thanks for that. (:

Erin said...

I love these pics!! Can I use them for the video I'm making for the blog?