Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Probably not the best morning to mop my floor...

As I was mopping the floor this morning, I got to thinking' that tomorrow was the big "H" and I never did make sugar cookies...we aLWaYS decorate cookies for Halloween (and any other day you consider a holiday) so I threw together some dough (almost forgot the sugar in the sugar cookies, YIKES) then I threw the kids in the burb (I burnt out my mixer -once again) and I headed to the Walmart, yuck, did some speedy shopping, called a few friends, and we had ourselves a cookie party!
Can't say I expected it to be quite so fun but these girls are growing up and boy did they have fun! They found out:
  • its fun to get frosting on the sides, cuz you can always lick your fingers
  • that snitching candy is A-Ok - frosting is hard work!
  • and that grape koolaid goes great with just about anything!

Luke, of course, didn't get that frosting can be an action word and focused on just eating the frosting (and candy) then he figured he could combine the leftover koolaid (all 3 cups) into one for himself and instead spilled it on the floor (please note the title of this post). Paislee just sat back and enjoyed Luke's cookies and then made them into crumbs, which then went onto the floor...



Paislee is such a goofball! I am convinced we have an entertainer on our hands!
(Not quite sure if that's a good thing or not...)


After dinner, we took care of another matter of pressing business and carved our pumpkins! Actually, Mike and I carved the pumpkins that the kids had designed on our (oh, so cool) computer software that I picked up for $5 at the Vineyard pumpkin patch! (I usually suck at carving but I rocked it this year!)

Check out Adi being a really sweet sister to Luke - he was a little scared to come out and take pictures by the pumpkins because (as he later said in his prayers) they were put on fire! Well, off to bed now(hoping all the "guts" on my kitchen floor have disappeared while I was writing this)...we've got a parade, dance performance, dinner in a pumpkin and LOTS of trick-or-treating to do tomorrow!


Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i wonder how often you hear this: "Adi looks just like you and Lesli"? because it's the truth. ♥ the frightening pumpkins. sorry about the messes.

angiedunn said...

oh my cuteness. i wanted to make festive sugar cookies, but i might have been in a really fowl-ish mood yesterday.

that being said, no, the goose-egg wasn't on purpose. lol. she fell off her chair, poor girlfriend. she's a climber now....(:

oh, and paiz, your pony & bow are adorable. so is your mom's cute brown jogging suit.