Thursday, January 24, 2008

weekend movie review

I thought I would go ahead and give a quick review on our weekend {despite the next one being right around the corner, yay!} Mine was the best kind of all - filled with lots to do with family and friends!

It all started with scrapbook group...we forgoed the scrapbooking and opted for a girls night out. Dinner at Red Robin and then 2 movies. We saw 27 Dressed and Juno - both soooo good! I don't think I can remember ever pulling a double feature besides the drive-in's back in the days. These girls are so much fun and I laughed all night!
The next day was the monthly get-together with my "girls" from high school. We went out for pizza and bowling, we were all pretty pathetic at the bowling but it was fun to sit and talk.
That night we went to dinner with Mike's "pals" from high school. We were to {finally} meet Boley's fiance but due to a snow storm in Buffalo this has been postponed once again! But dinner still went on! And since none of the pals had experienced Smart Cookie we went there for dessert too. As is custom, the stories from their past started up and had us all laughing HARD! I now know that there is a east and west side of AF and that Sharalee should never allow Ben to drink{as in anything!} and go to the movies! ;) Unfortunately, all couples had to be home early due to babysitting issues, as for Mike and I, we had a babysitter and absolutely refuse to go home before the best part of getting a babysitter {bedtime} was accomplished so we went to one more movie! We saw National Treasure - fun but so unbelieveable!

Monday, Old Man Winter dumped like a foot of snow on us so we took full advantage and went sledding with our kids.
*little kids>parents = lots of work
We definitely got a work out carrying kids up the mountain and found we were all much happier when we opted for the even smaller hill.
Adi loved going by herself, Luke was only happy when someone was carrying him or sledding with him and Pais was a trooper, up for whatever and so cute all bundled up!









Have a way cool day!

9 comments:

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

LOL...fun pictures, it looks like you guys {and gals} had a blast! I love movies and those are some I'm dying to see, so thanks for the reviews. ;)

Erin said...

Seeing pictures of you at all of those restaurants made me hungry. I think we'll go out to eat tonight! :)

sweet pickles said...

Cute sledding pictures! It was a fun weekend, that's for sure!

Erin said...

To make my header I just downloaded papers and embellishments from shabbyprincess.com and then used photoshop and the downloads to design my header.

Chad said...

I absolutely love love love love love those sledding pictures! I wish I was there to help, but then again, I'd have to be cold... How much snow ended up falling? Did it end up being more than a foot?

Erin said...

Hey Kacee...it's me again. If you go to this website it will give you instructions on how to redesign your blog:

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

I'd be happy to help you with the header part sometime if you would like. Let me know!

joey said...

i am with you on the babysitting thing, it is so great to have a night off of putting the kids to bed. So, lots of movies in one weekend, way to go girl!!

jenn said...

Such cute pictures, Kacee! Glad you had a fun weekend...Friday was a riot. Let's do it again!

angiedunn said...

I want a cute large group of friends that I can chill with on the weekends...mind if I move to your neighborhood? All the pics look so fun...very cute post, girl!

I haven't been to a double feature since the drive thru in Utah when I was like 5. Ghostbusters 2 & Honey I shrunk the Kids. It rocked. Minus the part in GB, where the goo starts coming into the bathtub...that part haunts me to this day! (: Lol.

Wasn't JUNO the coolest? I lovey love loved it. Great soundtrack & fabulous one liners. And I have yet to see 27, but it's next on my list.

I'll go now.