Sunday, January 6, 2008

kinda funny

One thing I really enjoy while at church is watching the different families and how they interact. Some families make me a little envious - how do they get their kids to act soooo good? - other families reassure me - my kids aren't that bad. And other times it is just cute to see little things that happen when no one is supposed to be watching...
Today, I loved catching little baby Josh as his eyes were wondering, checking things out and getting a HUGE grin when he noticed I was watching him.
I loved to watch the little girl coloring in front of me get so excited when her older brother told her she was doing a great sky.
I secretly hoped that Adi and Luke could end up like the teenage brother and sister behind me who got along so well, the older brother was scratching his little sisters back {something my brothers NEVER would have done} and then a few moments later - startling me back to reality - I heard the same brother say{loudly} "ugh, your breath smells like crap! Didn't you brush your teeth?" she meekly replied "yes" to which the brother says(and at this point it is all I can do not to bust out laughing, grateful I am in front and they can't see the huge grin on my face) "with what a piece of poo!?!"
Good to know that nobody is perfect! Adi and Luke could very well turn out just like them and still have their moments!
Oh, and in case you felt a little sad for the girl, its okay, mom quickly gave the daughter some gum and all was forgotten...or so they thought! ;)

5 comments:

Chad said...

Ha ha! That's funny. I miss you so much already. I had a migraine and spent the afternoon sleeping. I was debating calling just a minute ago, but I thought it might be a little too late. Plus, I'm not as optimistic as I should be, and it might be a downer to talk to me. I have no doubt that Luke and Adi will be best friends when they're teenagers. They already get a long so well! Love you, and I'll talk to you later.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

LOL...I am such a people watcher myself. I love to look around and see what's going on, and of course to listen too. I would have busted up laughing had I heard that brother and sister...poor girl.

alli may said...

that is awesome!!! I Think there is nothing better than finding kids worse than your own (at the moment... heaven only knows nobody's kids are worse behaved than mine most the time).

sweet pickles said...

This makes me a little worried that you are watching me and my kids that are sure to make you feel better about your kids...

jenn said...

I love when I laugh right out loud when I'm reading blogs (like I just did with yours), I think my kids think I'm a nutter.

And if we were in the same ward I'm pretty sure you would be saying, "at least my Luke is not like that Jenn's Luke. He's insane!"