Sunday, September 9, 2007

My mother, the celebrity! {and CE}


I took a little getaway this last weekend to go to Creative Escape in Arizona. {scrapbook thingy put on by Heidi Swapp and Bazzil} It was thurs - sat and my mom had been asked to be one of the 7 teachers. I didn't want to miss out on the guaranteed spot {it originally sold out in like 90 secs} so I signed up to go even though the friends who were originally interested couldn't make it. My mom teaches 6 card classes with 200+ students each month so I know that she is good and loved but what I was did NOT know was that she was now an instant celebrity! As I called home the first night, this was my conversation with Mike:

M -where is your mom?
K - oh, she's at her trunk show, signing autographs

M - {sigh} no really, where is she?

K - at the trunk show, signing autographs!

M - are you serious? signing autographs?{laughing}

K - yeah

M - do these people even know your mom?{more laughing}

Needless to say, we laughed about this several times over the weekend but before and after each class she would have lines of people wanting her autograph and pictures with her. All too crazy! Luckily, I was able to catch a bit of the action when I took her class. The pictures above were my proof for Mike and cause for future entertainment.
The weekend was loads of fun and awesome projects! The teachers there were amazing and I am so proud to have my mom be grouped with such talented women! I have a bazillion unfinished projects but I am anxious to finish and will post the finished results soon! As for the friends, I did happen to meet a few but still plan on forcing Stephanie to attend with me next time!
By the end of the weekend, I was exhausted and missed my family like crazy! I am so happy to see their sweet faces! oh, and btw - Paislee took a couple steps today!
{thanks for waitin' for me!}




3 comments:

angiedunn said...

glad you had a rockin' stay @ ce w/ your mom, the celeb! (: i wonder how jealous all those ladies would have been if I would have told them that this said celebrity, offered to sing "these boots were made for walkin'" @ my wedding reception. {prolly pretty jealous} but anywhoo! it's a crazy time, huh? cutest pic of you kids...you & the les couldn't be any cuter! i'm sure your mom kicked butt & loved having you there with 'er. and i heard her trunk show was ALL THE RAGE...

ps...thanks for being my blogging buddy too! i missed you the 2.5 days that you were gone, slash, 20 minutes away. hahahaha.

sweet pickles said...

I will gladly go next year-pending husband approval.
I finally know a scrapbook celeb personally. Hooray!

come sit awhile... said...

hey baby girl,

thanks for spending the weekend with me! i hope you know how proud i am to be your mom...

let's do it again? k? k. (tee! hee!...angieism)