Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ice cream cones, corn and cell phones

Yesterday, we were busy, busy, busy with lots of fun!
{Today - not so busy and feeling kinda crappy so I thought I would try and lift the spirits by recapping our fun-filled day!}
First off, I got to go help in Adi's class for the very first time yesterday! I mostly just did office work for Mrs. Christensen but I did get to see Ads for a few minutes and watch her put her pickle into the letter muncher for P day!
{yes, she thought of it on her own and couldn't wait to eat it as soon as school was out}
Luke and Paislee got to play with Isaac while I was out and Luke couldn't have been happier
{well, maybe if Logan hadn't been at preschool}
Once school got out, we met up with the Pickle's and took a quick trip to the farm @ TP. But, not before eating yummy lunch at the deli and getting ice cream cones for the kids. This is always a bit stressful to me - the kids don't like to stay seated, there are lots of lines and drinks that are sure to be spilled {only 2 yesterday - Paislee grabbed Ike's and Logan dropped his} but the food is so delicious that we made it through and it was totally worth it! The ice cream cones were the highlight - Paislee thought she was sooo cool and ate every bite on her own! {She has become quite the eater in the last week or so - we are hoping this will help her grow and maybe hit 20lbs in the near future!}






Afterwards, we headed to the farm. Adi and Logan lead the way and knew just what they wanted to do...they played in the jail, pet the big horses, rode the ponies and fed the goats, chickens and turkeys. This last task was the favorite - they all filled their pockets with corn and went around letting the animals eat right out of their hands, okay, Luke was a little afraid so he just threw it at them. Both of my kids thought they would save a little corn for next time which actually ended up being corn all over my bedroom floor and all over Luke's bed. Yep, they both forgot and I emptied their pockets as I picked them up to put them in the laundry! Next time all corn will be confiscated before we leave!


After TP we had dance, naps, dinner and then a quick trip to the park before bath/bed time.
Luke was hilarious when he whipped out his cell phone {my old one} and started calling Jeremy {who was there with us} as he walked UP the slide. They had a nice little chat - it was super funny!
Mom of course forgot her camera all day long so these blurry photos are in thanks to the lovely camera phone {hoping I didn't just spend a fortune emailing them to my camera, wanna check on that Mike?}

There was our happy yesterday - now I am off to try and make this one a little happier...any suggestions?