Sunday, April 13, 2008

on a positive note

With 2 days left of the dreaded tax 'season' and me being completely at my wits end/feeling sorry for myself/ornery/exhausted/constantly complaining/snapping at the kids/cursing the dog...{I could go on} I got to thinking about my weekend and realized that it was pretty dang good despite my lack of hubby so I thought I would {as Mike was singing to Adi recently} "eliminate the negative, accentuate the positive, latch on to the affirmative and don't mess with Mr. In-between"


Here are a few "positives" from my weekend!

an unexpected lunch date

3 visits from chaddy {friday, saturday, & sunday}

smart cookie sugar cookie break

serious guitar hero/text twist playing with chaddy

2.5 full hours with my hubby{no kids}

visiting with old friends + making a new one

sunshine

target, costco, & walmart with NO kids

NYC reminiscent frozen yogurt - tdf!

on time to church = taking the sacrament

more sunshine

learning about Jesus, John, and their friend, Jordan ;)

a walk through the park w/ sunshine

a NAP

guacamole {x2}

a quick phone call w/ my MIA mother

movie party = popcorn & rootbeer floats

cooking/baking for someone other than myself

sending kids outside to play

midnight goodnight phone calls

new 'summer 2008' soundtrack

sweet dreams of san diego...2.5 days to go

Pretty positive, huh?

6 comments:

sweet pickles said...

Looks like your weekend kicked my weekend's trash. I'll have to hear more about it today!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Oh Kacee, I'm seriously feeling your pain! I'm so ready to have Randy around again. Luckly he was SO burned out this weekend & was caught up so he was home much of yesterday - it made such a HUGE difference in my day and made it a really great weekend in the end! Just thing only today & tomorrow left (HOORAY)! I really HATE being a tax widow!

Jayne said...

I love the list! I need to start doing that myself. I'm sorry your Dad is missing. We are leaving town too and my three year old asked if Dad was going to come with us! :) Have fun in the Sun!

Angee said...

Seriously, San Diego? I was feeling your pain until I read San Diego. :) I so want to go there. I'll have to get the inside info when you get back. Enjoy. I'll just be here. :)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

PS - Have so much fun in San Diego! Only a few hours to go! Hooray for tax day!

alli may said...

sounds like a perfect weekend to me.