Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Adilynn's new best friend

So, my brother, Chad, has been finished with hair school for almost a year now. But has gone back and forth on deciding what/where and, more so, just taking the jump/risk. A couple weeks ago he got up the nerve to interview for an assistant position in this salon that is awesome! It totally fits him - high end, hip, clean! The owner loved him! Next step - bring someone in and do an actual haircut. This is where I enter... despite the fact that I was kinda trying to grow my hair out from Chads last experiment {not in a bad way} and he has a million cute girl friends that would happily get mohawks for Chad - he talked me into it again! {I was his very 1st trim, took him like 2 hours and my head was raw from the round brush, I also let him cut some serious "fringe" a couple years ago that I wasn't quite hip enough to pull off}

So, this afternoon he arranged for Daniel to babysit while we headed to Provo to do the cut. I had no idea what he was planning on - just that it had to be above the shoulder and that Chad went to a lot of effort to practice and get it just right, this was done on a doll head. Now enter Adi's new best friend...Chad brought the doll head to show me his plan and alleviate the panic I was feeling after Daniel said it was "cute, short and spiky in the back". Adi thought the doll head was the neatest thing ever so Chad let Adi keep her.

I couldn't help but laugh as she carried her around all afternoon, sat her next to her at dinner, curled her hair and then scared Luke and Paislee by putting her face in front of hers so "they would think she grew a body" she also told me "isn't she sooo cute! she would look even better with my real lipstick and maybe a real body" then last of all she told me "don't you think she looks exactly like you mom!?!" Here are a few pics of her with the doll. What do you think...could she be my double?






9 comments:

Ang said...

I thought I was going to get to see your hair!

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I always wanted one of those big Barbie heads to style when I was little haha

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Wow...she looks just like you. LOL ;)

How fun for Addi.

sweet pickles said...

Is it just me, or is there something just a bit creepy about those doll heads?

Glad Adi loves it,though, and can you work on making a body for your head double?

jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn said...

I love posts like this! I'm totally laughing out loud to myself...he, he!

It's always the cardboard box, pots/pans, wrapping paper roll or some totally random item (such as a large, slightly creepy barbie-like head) that is the favorite with the kids, don't you think? Too funny.

Unknown said...

Wow! Where'd your body go?? She looks just like you! :)

Kelli and her Babies! said...

KC That is great let me know if you want one for Paislee later! I have a few! How are you all April 15th is almost here, are you going to go do something fun? Love ya

Kelli and her Babies! said...

KC That is great let me know if you want one for Paislee later! I have a few! How are you all April 15th is almost here, are you going to go do something fun? Love ya