Friday, February 8, 2008

Better left unsaid!

A couple Fridays ago, I got a call from my visiting teacher. During this call she kindly asked about our family, I quickly replied that we were fine and she asked "everyone been healthy?" This surprised me..."Yes!" and the little voice inside my head got kinda excited, it was almost February and not one of my kids had been sick this winter. Opposed to last year's six month cough for Paislee, multiple trips to the dr. office, and several days of missed preschool - this was great! Of course, once I got off the phone I quickly forgot all about it - that is until 9 o'clock that night when Paislee woke up crying, only to be found covered in puke...that was the end to our sickless winter and {unfortunately} just the beginning!

Since that sweet phone call {just 14 days ago} we have had countless pukings, runny noses, runny diapers, and coughing fits. We have had 6 doctors appointments, 2 double ear infections, 3 shots, 2 prescriptions, Dimatap, Motrin, Benedryl, skipped naps, bedding changes, restless nights, early mornings...oh, and one very onery mom! I only write of this now because things are looking up - the noses are not quite so bad, the coughs aren't so nasty, the ear aches are gone and Paislee hasn't thrown up since Thursday night! Whew!

I just can't help thinking - What if that question had never been asked? What if those thoughts hadn't popped into my head? So...next time you start to ask, remember, some things are better left unsaid! :)

P.S. I must give a HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband who took his fair share in all of this and dealt with ALL of the sleepless night stuff! Thanks hun - I love you!

3 comments:

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

WHOA...sounds like things have been quite tough around your house. Sorry to hear about it.

I'm glad things are starting to look up for you...I hope everyone stays healthy from here on out!

joey said...

Hope your family is better, that sounds awful! Sick kids are no fun!

jenn said...

OH NO! That's terrible! Hope you are all well on your road to recovery and feeling better. So sad.