Thursday, December 20, 2007

Its about time!

We have been busy, busy, busy {as I am sure most of you have} trying to get all of our "Christmasy" stuff done and ready for the BIG day!

Just thought I would update you on a few...

  • The kids have been enjoying their advent gifts each morning - here is the fun Little People Nativity, I came down to find Adi sharing her breakfast with them!


  • Last Saturday we had a crazy morning, I baked 13+ DOZEN sugar cookies then we had 10 kids from our primary class over and they decorated every last one! It was soooo much fun - I was really impressed with the creativity that 10 year olds can have.



  • Then it was off to our annual "Girls Christmas Party". This was the 11th year for our get-together and we had lots of good food, great gifts and, of course, fun times! I feel so lucky to have such a good group of girlfriends!

  • Monday night we headed up to Temple Square for family night with the Pickle's. {After the catastrophe of trying to park} we enjoyed seeing all the lights and nativities. I can't believe that this was the first time we have ever gone as a family, we are gonna have to add this to our annual traditions list!

  • Adi had her Christmas performance on Wednesday! She did sooo good and made the CUTEST Rudolph ever! The highlight of it all was the visit from Hefa from High School Musical, did you know he has connections to Santa?

  • Today, there were a few more dozen cookies to be decorated - no pics though - the kids spent about 2 minutes at the table before they were through. Stephanie and I did most of them ourselves! {that was a 1st} Paislee was a big help though, she ate 3 on her own!




There! That's a pretty good update, albeit a little boring! But school's out and grandma comes tomorrow, YIPEE! The countdown is on!

5 comments:

sweet pickles said...

A few things:
a. still so sorry about your carpet. Hope it came clean.
b. ate so many cookies I'm considering purging so my stomach feels better.
c. cutest picture of Adi and the nativity eating.
d. one of these times when we go somewhere together, I decided we should take pictures of all of us. Proof that I have friends, you know.

Chad said...

Okay, I'm copying Steph:
a. that picture of Adi is priceless.
b. you're getting really good at your camera and photoshop
c. I'm so excited for Christmas at your house.
d. can't think of "d" right now because it's nearly three in the morning.

Unknown said...

I am the same as you, I love to stalk blogs. It is the best form of entertainment. Yes, I do have you on my google reader and check on you when I see an update :)

The kids are getting so big! They are all adorable and I miss seeing them. Chad is such a sweetie, I feel blessed that I met him. I am so so sad that he is moving but know that he will thrive down in AZ.

Looks like you guys have been having a great bunch of Christmas activities :) I love your mom and wish I could see her while she is here!

XOXO

Laura Blue said...

I too LOVE the pic of Adi! I can't believe that you made 13+ dozen cookies and then made more a few days later. Hope you don't feel sick :( Your friend get together sounded like fun... and I bet you had a great time getting away from the kiddos for a little. I bet Temple Square was crazy busy, but totally worth it! That's one thing I've never got to do before(temple square) being an arizonan and all. Congrats to Adi and her dance concert. I always loved performing in those things... I'm sure she had a blast meeting Hefa! That Paislee likes her food, huh? I think it's cute. Merry Christmas to you all... looks like you're having loads of fun!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Wowzers...you guys have been up to a LOT of fun things! I'm having a hard time my self keeping up with my blog and all the fun stuff. Thanks for sharing though, it's fun to see what you are up to! I love the pictures of the kids,{holy crap that's a lot of cookies!} I'm glad you are enjoying Christmas...I hope Santa brings you everything you asked him for! :)