Monday, January 5, 2009

Started off right

There are only a handful of New Years Eve's that I can remember.... I remember Mom waking me up when I was 8 or so to go bang pans, I know there were a few Jr High/High School parties at Steph's, getting a Hershey's kiss as we rang in '99, a newlywed fight the next, and a few mediocre/last minute parties we have held here and there...but this year will stand out for years to come.
We decided to make a long weekend of it and headed to the cabin. Nothing beats 4ish days of good friends, food, fun and relaxation after a very busy holiday season.
  • Winning the dance contest, entertaining and laughing my guts out top my list!
  • Mike loved the "big boy" dare-devil sledding, not so much being de-throned in GH.
  • Adilynn will long remember the late night slumber parties, singing Hannah Montanna, sledding on her own and being run over by her dad.*
  • Luke also braved the sleds alone and became quite the gamer.
  • Paislee loved playing with the big kids and eating treat after treat after treat...

So, here's to keeping 2009 on the same track it rolled in on, it'll be our best year yet!

*Our only mishap came when Adi's sled slipped and she slid under the 4-wheeler just as dad was driving away. Luckily, she was a brave little one and after some ice and a short rest she was up and going like brand new. Plus, how many kids get to write about getting ran over by their dad in their Weekend Review at school?

6 comments:

McEvoy Family said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun!!! That sure tops our party! We sure appreciate you watching our kids for us during such a crazy time of year! You are one amazing person. I am glad you had so much fun. That cabin is amazing!

Tanja said...

totally jealous. It looks like it was a lot of fun and I am not surprised mike ran over someone.

alli may said...

SO FUN!!!

Banham Luck! said...

Adi is tough. I tied Ashley to the front of the four-wheeler with a bungee cord. We hit a bump she flew off and I drove over her.....(shh don't tell Grandma)

sweet pickles said...

Practically perfect in every way.

jenn said...

Best New Years EVER. Thanks to you and Mike for being such wonderful hosts. You're incredible!

I will be sending pics of our amazing weekend your way soon!