Thursday, January 29, 2009

I just wanna....

I just want to feel...
I just want to know...
I will BE OK.

I can't get enough of this song - its catchy, upbeat, and the words just seem to fit. So, before January is completely over I am making this my "theme" for 2009.
Maybe my house will be messy more days than not, maybe there will be cereal/ramen for dinner from time to time, maybe I won't get on that blessed elliptical for weeks at a time and maybe I will just continue to collect pictures on my computer and hike through the mess to my computer...all will still BE OK.
But maybe, just maybe, the walls/floors will sparkle, I will cook fabulous meals from places like this or this (instead of just thinking about it), maybe a few of those extra pounds from 2008 will find their way back, and maybe the creative juices with spew forth daily along with loads of organization...this would BE OK{er}.
But either way, I am gonna
stay upbeat,
feel it,
and know it will BE OK.
Cuz like Mike says "this is our rebuilding year", right?

8 comments:

Laura Blue said...

love this...great way to look at it. i think we could all do better just knowing that everything is going to be ok.

great family photo of you guys on your page...very nice!

Amie said...

Of course it will be ok. You are awesome! You have the cutest children who are reading when you wake up, there's good food to eat, great books to read, and lots of friends and family who love you. Thank you for the fun post. The song is awesome.

Kelly said...

Kacee--just wanted to thank you so much for the fun gift and treats yesterday! The cookies were almost too pretty to eat (almost) but somehow we managed. We all loved the outfit--thank you thank you so much. I miss sharing carpool with you--seems like we don't see each other very much anymore! Anyway, thanks again--I wasn't sure of your email so I just commented here.
Kelly

alli may said...

love the new theme... love the new banner! you're the best!

Ang said...

Amen! May this be the best "rebuilding" year ever!

Sharane said...

Great theme song! Thanks for this post, I needed it! You saw how UNCLEAN and UNSPARKLING my house was for the Christmas party. I did my best, which wasn't quite enough, but that's OK!

Love ya!

-Sharane :)

Emily said...

Amen to that sister! I was thinking those very same thoughts today as I stepped on a graham cracker and then some cherrios and then something sticky....it will be okay! And even thought at the end of the day when I think that it might not be, it really is and really will be. Thanks for the post! Love ya tons, Em

sweet pickles said...

Way to go. Spread a little of your 'upbeat' this way, too, okay?

I have to agree with you on the song. I'm a fan.

A few months ago when my life was completely uncertain I remember sitting and crying to this song when I was driving somewhere. Not really a crying kind of song, but I just wanted to be okay and feel okay!

Anyway, now that my life has some direction, I can sing happily to this song instead of break down into tears.

You are awesome. Good theme.