Tuesday, September 16, 2008

adventures of {new} roommates

...today has been a little stressful...
...too many appointments/errands...
...Mike's working late...
...Ads is sick , barfing {ick}...
...lots of last minute details for
grandma's {permanent} visit...
...Paislee now occupies Luke's top bunk...
...all this has made me a little {lot} ornery...



But to the point - roommates and my adventure
{4 times/70 minutes} in getting them to sleep...


1- Luke is climbing into bed w/ Pais...he wants to sleep by her, he is told {by aforementioned ornery mom}to get in his own bed and not get out or else he will have to sleep with Miley.

2- Ornery mom enters noisy room to find Paislee's bed filled with stuffed animals which means Luke disobeyed and got out of bed, right? I yell at Luke - then look at the basket of stuffed animals pulled up to the bed, wrong! Oops! He had very carefully gotten each "friend" for Pais without leaving his bed. He's now crying in fear of sleeping with the dog.

3- "Quiet! Go to sleep!"

4- Very loud noises over and over, mom opens door, and Luke's reply is " I told Paislee to stop roaring but she won't!" and as gruff as possible, the {not so ornery, trying not to laugh} mom says "Paislee, no more roaring!"
...they are asleep {sigh/smile}...

...my kids love each other...

...what more could a mom ask for?...

10 comments:

Laura Blue said...

so is this lesli that is visiting for good? sounds like you have had a rough night. i hope you get the sleep that you are in need of and have a better week from here on out. good luck!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

I guess I'm confused about the room mate situation?!?!?

You sound a little stressed, maybe you need a girls night out or something?!?! I'm game anytime, just let me know when. ;)

{I do however think it was awfully sweet of your little guy to get the stuffed animals for Pais without risking having to sleep with the dog.}

Amie said...

It's not cute anymore when they are 15 and 13 and they are too big to haul out to the dogs!!!

jenn said...

It is the best thing ever when your kids get along. Fighting on the other hand...so help me!!!

angiedunn said...

being a mom is hard, man. i hear ya.

ps: ornery is like on my top five favorite words ever.

also: i love paiz's swimsuit.

good to yell hi through the phone today! you're so cute, kace.

sweet pickles said...

I did not know you had such a great bathtub. Nice!

Good luck with having Pais and Luke as roommates. This is why Ike and LJ are not yet roommates. I can only imagine what shenanigans they would come up with.

Annie Miller said...

Cute post. That's a sweet tub you have. Hope you had a good birthday! Can you believe we're 30?

Graves Family said...

HI KACEE I WAS BLOG STALKING AND CAME ACROSS YOURS SOOOO CUTE MAYBE THE ROOMATE THING WILL COME TO YOUR ADVANTAGE YOU CAN GET AWAY AND HAVE MORE KACEE TIME???
ANYWHOOOO JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SAY HI AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADD YOUR BLOG TO MY BLOG LIST IF YOU SAY THAT IS OK LET ME KNOW WWW.JERRYANDKOBI.BLOGSPOT.COM

alli may said...

so sorry. i am also a so-mentioned ornery mom

Graves Family said...

SURE YOU CAN ADD ME US TOYOUR BLOG
HOW FUN!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A BETTER WEEK AND CANT WAIT TO SEE FUTURE POSTS. KOBI