Tuesday, May 20, 2008

boating 101

Today, we took the boat to Utah Lake. This is the 1st time this year. We have great hopes of being a BIG boating family this summer - as there are no other plans in the works. So, it makes sense that if today were to have a "theme" driving/teaching would have to be it! I can proudly say that I successfully loaded AND unloaded, docked, and drove the boat the full length of the lake and backed the boat trailer into the water. Chad also had a driving lesson and mastered pulling Mike on the knee-board/ski {something I still gotta learn}. Even Adi and Luke had their turn at the wheel!


The water is still a little cold but Mike braved it and broke out the trusty knee-board and even the slalom ski {I've never seen him ski and he got right up}

Check out my studly hubby on his first run!

*imagine awesome barrel roll video here*

Sorry for the "imagination", after 3 tries I give up - you win blogger!

No real action for the rest of us, just a quick dip for Chad and the kids but I thought this picture of them all drying off was cute to end with.

7 comments:

Erin said...

My Mike would be very jealous of this post. He wants us to be a "boating family" too someday. He grew up with a family boat and took it to Utah Lake almost every summer day as a teenager. You're lucky to have one. It's such a great way to bring the family together.

Marcae said...

When we drove by and saw you guys back from your boat trip yesterday, I was a little envious. I've been in Summer mode the last few days and then it never fails....we have a nasty day like today :(
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Annie Miller said...

Yeah for boating! It's such a great family activity. I'm so glad it's warmed up enough you can enjoy the water! Glad you had fun.

Angee said...

You are my hero! You can seriously back the trailer up? That's one thing I definitely can't do. Sounds like you don't even need Mike to go boating now. I'm free...

•stephanie• said...

i bet you're not boating today.
what with it being freezing there, and all!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

I think you guys soaked up all the summer heat...and left the rest of us with this yucky back to freezing weather. :P

angiedunn said...

adi, you're cute with your hand all up on your hip.

happy boating!